Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his "Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii" concert television special. The performance took place on January 14, 1973. The concert was beamed live via satellite to over 10 countries. It was seen on delay in approximately 30 European countries shortly after.
On April 4th, an edited version of the concert, expanded with songs videotaped just after the live event, was presented in the U.S. on NBC, attracting 51% of the television viewing audience. In all, it was seen by over one billion people worldwide.
Never before had one performer held the world's attention in such a way. "Aloha from Hawaii" presents Elvis Presley at the pinnacle of his superstardom, giving one of the most outstanding concert performances of his career.
These two deluxe DVDs, with meticulously remastered sound and picture and previously unreleased material, are by far the most exciting version of Aloha that has ever been published.
Deluxe Edition Features:
- 2 DVD set, over 4 hours of material
- Includes previously unseen material
- For the first time, the complete January 12th and January 14th concerts
- Re-edited from scratch with meticulously remastered sound and picture
- Never before available in complete, raw form:
- Complete footage of the post-concert session recorded for the American broadcast
- Complete "Elvis Arrives" footage shot for opening of special
- Original American broadcast version
- Deluxe booklet with historical text and rarely seen photos and memorabilia